There is a way to force the Mango update early through Zune software.
(Please leave below a comment if it works (or not) for your device. Thx in advance!)
Here it is:
Before we begin, keep in mind that a total of three updates must be installed on the path to Mango: 7392, 7403, and 7720, which is Mango itself. The process will take a while. Some people may already have 7392, in which case things will move a bit faster.
Steps to force a Mango update on phones for which Mango has started rolling out:
- Connect your Windows Phone to a PC and launch the Zune software
- Click on Phone/Settings/Update. Allow the software to tell you whether an update is available. If so, skip this guide. If not continue to the next step.
- Click the update button again, and this time immediately disconnect your computer from the internet (some people have better luck waiting 1-2 seconds). Do this by pulling the Ethernet cable, disabling Wi-Fi, etc.
- Wait 30 seconds or so and you should receive a notification that an update is available. This is 7392, the Mango pre-update.
- Now reconnect to the internet and continue with the update process through the Zune software.
- After 7392 is fully installed, you may receive a notification that another update is available. If so, install Mango now. If not, proceed to the next step.
- If the second update isn’t popping up on its own, repeat steps 3-5, causing the 7403 update to appear.
- Install 7403, brave reader.
- One more time! Check for the last update, Mango. If you see it, go for it. If not, head to the next step.
- If the Mango update isn’t popping up on its own, repeat steps 3-5, causing the 7720 update to appear.
- Using the Zune software, install that Mango like it’s hot.
- This last step is very important! Celebrate your phone’s new found Mango status by purchasing a mango smoothie at your nearest Smoothie King, Jamba Juice, or Baskin Robbins.
Search this site
Latest Windows Phone News
- Inside Windows Phone – Practical MVVM for Windows Phone May 23, 2013 11:08 pm
- Third Party Vine App in the Works for WP8 May 23, 2013 8:30 pm
- Windows Phone 8 XAML LongListSelector May 23, 2013 7:47 pm
- New Nokia Lumia 920 Ad From Microsoft Takes On iPhone 5 And Galaxy S3 May 23, 2013 7:37 pm